Before you change Safari’s address bar location, you should know that leaving it at the bottom allows you to swipe between tabs. Perhaps the convenience of that is enough to change your mind. But if you still want to change it, here’s how to do so on iOS 17:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down the menu and tap Safari.
- proceed down to find the Tabs section.
- Tap Single Tab to proceed the address bar to the top.
If you change your mind, you can always return back to that section and tap Tab Bar.
For iPhone users with iOS 16, your steps will be a little different:
- Open Safari.
- Tap the AA button on the address bar, and an options menu will appear.
- pick Show Top Address Bar.
Again, if you change your mind, you can simply tap the AA button on the address bar and select Show Bottom Tab Bar. This will re-activate the tab bar and disable the top address bar.